I am 6.5 years older than my sister, to say we are complete opposites is an understatement. I am day and she is night, or vice versa. We never got along growing up and it drove our parents crazy. Even now, I am over 6,000 miles away and yes we get along, but we are still opposite, and we don't talk to much. We will talk over Facebook and on the phone every now and then, but that is about it. I love her to death and she has a big heart, but when she is 15 and I am 22 we don't have a lot in common, it doesnt help we live on opposite sides of the world. Now don't get me wrong I love my sister to death, and she is an awesome person, if we were closer in age we would be best friends. :)
Day 6- A picture of something that makes you happy
Okay I need to do two days of the 30 day blog challenge, then to the greatest day ever!
Day 3- Your first love
When I look back over my life and my loves, It is hard to pinpoint my first love. It could be my my great guy friend that I dated for 8 months or the boy i feel hard for my senior year in highschool but only dated a couple months,but if i had to pick just one i would pick the love of my life..my husband JC is who I would say is my first love, my true love, and my only love. He is the light of my life and I am so blessed to have him by my side forever.
Day 4- Your parents
Oh what could I say about my parents, they are amazing. They have always been there for me when i needed them. we have always been close, and that means so much to me. now that i live so far away it stinks that i can't always see them, but it nice that we talk all the time. i love my parents, they are the best.
My in-laws are great, and I am so blessed to call them my parents too. :)
I got my husband back yesterday!!! I am so excited to have him home again.
Having him home is amazing and I once again feel whole.
I didn't know what to name this blog for so long, and it took me a while to finally decide on a name. When the day came to name the blog I was thinking 'Life is a dance, learn as you go', but that was really long so I decided on 'Learn as you go'. I truley believe that you have to roll with the punches that life gives you, and if you do you will enjoy the adventure. :)
This challenge was started by Katies Journey, and they are over half way done by now and I am just starting it. I hope to be able to complete this, but we shall see.
Day 1- Introduce, Recent Picture, and 15 Interesting Facts
Well what can I tell the world about myself, my name is Jaclyn and I am 22 years old. I am a online student at Ashford University with hopes of one day becoming a high school Psychology teacher. My husband is amazing and he is the love of my life. He is in the United States Navy, and we are currently stationed in Japan for the next one and a half years. My friends are the best there is, and can always bring a smile to my face. I like to be involved in the community. I am currently a substitute teacher at an elementary school, and I love it. :)
1. I grew up on a carnival and traveled around 8 months of every year for the first 12 years of my life. 2. I have always wanted to have a pig as a pet, but it will still take some convincing to get Joe on board with the idea. 3. I gave up dark soda and chocolate for about 3 years, then I moved in with my husband, that went down the drain. 4. I am almost 5'5" and I wear a 6-7 size shoe depending on the brand 5. We have 2 furbabies.. a miniature pinscher named Jinx, who is currently living the life in Florida until we get back to the states, and a crazy cat Lune who we got here in Japan. 6. I love bubble baths, books, and my Iphone 7. Most people think I am a lot older than I am, people never guess that I'm only 22. 8. I enjoy scrapbooking and taking photos 9. My favorite movies are the Jurassic Park movies, and The Mummy movies :) 10. I am addicted to calendars and planners, I have about 5 of them. Oh Im also addicted to office supplies 11. My favorite store is Forever 21, but I have to buy my jeans from Charlette Rouse. 12. Everything thinks my hair is beautiful but there are days I just want to color it again 13. I just started wearing contacts again after almost 2 years of just glasses. 14. My favorite TV shows are; Greys Anatomy, Bones, CSI:New York, and NCIS: LA 15. I keep a bucket list and a 101 in 1001 list
Right now I just need to let out a big sigh... I am one of those people who hold things in. It is a bad habit of mine, and I am slowly starting to break it. This is one of those days I boil over a little bit.
Here are the things I want to get off my chest:
1. I am 22, with no children(we are trying), and I am a minority.. In the military community it is known that many people get married young and immediately start having babies.. well we live in what many people call a "fish bowl" because the base is so small and your always running into someone you know. The pregnancy rate here is sky high, so everywhere you go there are pregnant women. Yes, it is true I am jealous.. I should be pregnant right now, I should have a growing belly and a baby on the way, but I don't I was that person that miscarried, the girl whose heart was shattered into a million little pieces, and she is still trying to pick up the pieces. Anyway back to my point... Why should I feel like I am less of a person because we don't have any children yet, and I do. Its a crappy feeling, and I wish it would go away.
2. Yearly Deployments...this is just a rant, I can't stand being forward deployed.. I hate spending 5 months a year(if that) with my husband. I can't wait till we leave here
3. Drama, Drama, Drama....Take it to your momma. I don't want to be in the middle of your highschool crap. What is the point? Your only making yourself look bad.
4. Am I less of a person than you?... Don't you hate this feeling? Yes my husband and I are what many would consider young, but who cares. Yes, I dropped out of college, but I am back in school and on my way to earning my degree. Yes, my husband is a lower rank, does he rank make us who we are? I guess it does.. but why? Don't get me wrong, I have a few friends or acquantences who are officer wives and they are great people, so why must all the others judge me? You don't know anything about me, you don't know what in my life has brought me here today... basically, don't judge me unless you truley know me.. then if you don't like me we can go our seperate ways.
5. Knowing the next chapter in our lives is coming, but is yet still so far away.. JC isn't re-enlisting, so basically this is it for us. No more Navy, and a part of me jumps for joy. I know this is the path for us, and this will make JC so much happier. We know where we will go after this, we know what we want, yet we can't touch it yet. I just want to reach out and grasp it and pull it closer to us. I want to start planning and it not seem so far away. By the way, we will move to New York, where JC grew up and build a house on a piece of land his parents own. I saw some pictures of it today and my heart just melted.
6. Becoming a 'civilian' again.. moving onto the next chapter isn't without fear, and my fear is that I won't know what to do with myself. This coming Christmas will be my first time visiting the town I will call 'home' in a couple years, and I am nervous, not that i won't like it, but that I won't know anyone. Being a part of the military community has given me the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people, and it was 'easy' to meet people. Now I don't know what I will do, and that scares me. I like being involved in the community, and I will have to hunt down ways to be involved. It is part of the unknown that has be fear becoming a civilian again.
I feel a little better now. A little I guess. Honestly, I think it boils down to I don't want to live here anymore.. we have about 22ish months yet.. it seems never ending.
I am ready for my husband to be home, that will make things better.